Vice President, Operations & Communications
Tel: (604) 655-3566
Vice President, Government Relations & Policy
Tel: (604) 652-3324
999 Canada Place, Suite 404
Vancouver, BC, V6C 3E2
AIAC Pacific is the BC regional office of the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada, working in partnership with the Province of British Columbia to develop and promote aerospace business in BC. AIAC Pacific acts as an advocate for the BC industry, driving growth and innovation, facilitating networking and communication, and linking the industry to national programs and markets around the world.
FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL SUPPORT FOR AEROSPACE IN BC
In February 2017, the Province of BC announced continued support for the BC aerospace
industry through AIAC Pacific to unify, increase competitiveness and accelerate the growth of the industry in BC. AIAC Pacific is also responsible for advancing research and technology development in the west by serving as the regional office for BC and Alberta for the Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation in Canada (CARIC).
AEROSPACE, DEFENCE, AND SECURITY EXPO
AIAC Pacific is the lead organizer and promoter of the Aerospace, Defence and Security Expo (ADSE), held each August in conjunction with the Abbotsford International Airshow. In 2017, ADSE will co-locate with the Canadian Business Aviation Association’s annual convention, and between the two events, expects to welcome over 1,000 delegates. For information on how to participate as a sponsor, exhibitor or delegate, visit www .adse .ca.
THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY IN BC
The British Columbia aerospace industry:
- is made up of approximately 190 aerospace and related companies.
- directly employs 8,300 British Columbians.
- generates $2 .4 billion in revenues and $1 .3 billion in GDP annually .
- is the third-largest aerospace sector in Canada.
- boasts a skilled workforce with proven expertise and leadership in a range of aerospace sectors including:
- aircraft manufacturing
- MRO & In-Service Support
- Special mission
- aviation training and simulation
- composites manufacturing
- satellite design, manufacturing, communications and remote sensing
- is uniquely positioned to capitalize on market opportunities in the Asia-Pacific, and is located with close proximity to the largest aerospace cluster in the world situated next door in Washington State.