The Marc Garneau Award serves to highlight an individual or group’s extraordinary efforts towards building, supporting, and championing aerospace, thereby exemplifying the best of Canadian aerospace as a true source of pride for Canadians.
Contributions, achievements and extraordinary efforts carried out in close collaboration with the industry, in support of Canadians across the country, will be especially considered for the award.
Canadian individuals, groups or entities may be nominated for this award. Nominees of all ages and experience levels (including students) will be considered.
- Nominees must demonstrate or have achieved at least one of the following:
- Widespread recognition as a role model and advocate of aerospace (spanning civil, defence and space) in local, national, and international contexts;
- Significant achievements contributing to, and accelerating the continued growth of the aerospace industry in Canada;
- Pathfinding and exemplary work in maintaining and building Canada’s position at the forefront of the global aerospace landscape;
- Collaboration with the aerospace industry to assist in bettering Canadian lives across the country;
- Sustained engagements with industry and government stakeholders fostering a productive environment for aerospace advancement, or
- Steadfast support of the industry, its goals, and its exceptional impacts through times of economic, social, or political uncertainty.
The Honourable Marc Garneau will be honoured at this year’s annual Canadian Aerospace Summit Dinner on Nov. 8, 2022 with the inauguration of the new award recognizing his significant achievements in advancing Canadian aerospace.
Full details at: www.aerospacesummit.ca