The Small Business Innovation Technology (SBIT) award recognizes a business that has developed advanced or innovative technologies to meet the needs of the aerospace industry in Canada or globally. These achievements have contributed to making Canada a strong and rapidly growing innovation economy and made a positive impact in the industry and community.
To be eligible for the SBIT award, nominees must have been in operation for a minimum of 5 years, headquartered in Canada, and have less than 150 employees.
To win this award, all nominees will be required to provide:
- A minimum 500-word description of how the company’s product or service is innovative, and how the company is leading innovation in the aerospace industry.
- Identify the problem the company sets out to solve and how their technology is redefining the industry by addressing it.
- Explain how R&D practices are supported in the company
- Provide at least 1 testimonial to support the nomination
- Nominations should be received by October 11th, 2019
- Please send nominations to Bill Yetman, Vice President, AIAC
The Industry Excellence Awards are presented annually at the Annual Aerospace Dinner, which takes place during the Canadian Aerospace Summit. This event gathers attendees from all segments of the Canadian aerospace industry, other leading aerospace nations, various levels of government, the financial and investment community, and international and trade press.
This year’s Dinner will take place on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Mannarino Systems and Software Inc. (2018)