The award is presented to an individual whose personal or professional contributions in the aerospace industry span a minimum of 25 years. This person is someone whose distinguished lifetime achievement through the exploration, development or utilization of aviation, space, or defence have led to their wide recognition as a “champion” of aerospace industry.
Nominees for the Lifetime Achievement award should meet the following criteria:
- The nominee will have demonstrated outstanding leadership, commitment, promotion and consistent contribution to the continuous development of aerospace in Canada.
- Be a globally-recognized industry leader in the aerospace industry
- Someone who has created, led and/or promoted activities, projects or campaigns that have benefited the aerospace industry
- Nominations should include a minimum 500 word essay on why the individual nominated should win the award
- A short career description is required
2019 nominations are now closed. Stay tuned for the opening of 2020 nominations next year!
The Industry Excellence Awards are presented annually at the Annual Aerospace Dinner, which takes place during the Canadian Aerospace Summit. This event gathers attendees from all segments of the Canadian aerospace industry, other leading aerospace nations, various levels of government, the financial and investment community, and international and trade press.
This year’s Dinner will take place on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Dr. John MacDonald (2018)
- John Saabas (2019)