Vice President, Operations & Communications
Tel: (604) 655-3566
Vice President, Government Relations & Policy
Tel: (604) 655-3566
1500 West Georgia Street, Suite 1300
Vancouver, BC, V6G 2Z6
AIAC Pacific is the BC regional office of the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada, working in partnership with the Province of British Columbia to develop and promote aerospace business in BC. AIAC Pacific acts as an advocate for the BC industry, driving growth and innovation, facilitating networking and communication, and linking the industry to national programs and markets around the world.
Federal and provincial support for aerospace in BC
In February 2016, the Province of BC announced continued support for the BC aerospace industry through AIAC Pacific to unify, increase competitiveness and accelerate the growth of the industry in BC. In addition, AIAC Pacific is responsible for implementing AIAC’s two-year agreement with Western Economic Diversification Canada to organize and promote a unified Western Canadian aerospace presence at international aerospace events. AIAC Pacific also works to advance research and technology development in the west by serving as the regional office for BC and Alberta for the Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation in Canada (CARIC).
Aerospace, Defence and Security Expo
AIAC Pacific leads the organization, enhancement and promotion of the Aerospace, Defence and Security Expo (ADSE), in conjunction with the Abbotsford International Airshow. In 2015, ADSE attracted over 400 delegates from across North America. In 2016, ADSE will have an increased national and international focus, confirming ADSE as a must-attend aerospace and defence industry event. Please visit www.adse.ca for further information or to register!
The Aerospace Industry in BC
In British Columbia, the aerospace industry:
- is made up of more than 170 aerospace and related companies
- directly employs 8,300 British Columbians
- generates $2.4 billion in revenues and $1.3 billion in GDP annually
- is the third-largest aerospace sector in Canada
- BC is uniquely positioned to capitalize on market opportunities in the Asia-Pacific, particularly with its proximity to Boeing and the largest aerospace cluster in the world situated in Washington State.
- BC boasts a skilled workforce with a proven expertise and leadership in a range of aerospace industry sectors including:
- aircraft manufacturing
- MRO & In-Service Support
- special mission aircraft
- aviation training and simulation
- composites manufacturing, R&D and repairs
- satellite design, manufacturing, communications and remote sensing
- unmanned vehicle systems