CCAA Labour Market Strategy Day
Event Date: October 23-24, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON
To register, please sign up here, and share your preferences for “how-to” sessions.
Dates: Afternoon October 23rd and morning October 24th, 2019
Start: Registration opens at noon October 23rd, meeting begins at 1PM
End: Meeting concludes at 1PM October 24th, followed by lunch
Location: The Canadian War Museum, at 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa
Reception: 6PM Oct. 23, the Delta Hotel, at 101 Lyon Street, Ottawa.
Room Discount: The Delta has provided a limited number of rooms for CCAA guests, at the special rate of $229. Book your room here before Sept 24th.
Convergence Panels and Speakers
On the preliminary agenda are panels on the convergence of national and regional strategies. Speakers will include:
- Benoit Tessier, Director General, Skills Policy & Economic Strategy Tables, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada / Government of Canada
- Nathalie Paré, Directrice générale au Comité sectoriel de main-d’oeuvre en aérospatiale (CAMAQ)
- Wendell Wiebe, Chief Executive Officer with the Manitoba Aerospace Inc.
- John McKenna, President and CEO at Air Transport Association of Canada
- Fred Jones, President and CEO of Helicopter Association of Canada
- Andrea Lavin, Executive Director, Northerners Taking Flight
Tools & Techniques
How-to workshops will give you the Tools & Techniques to assist you with your labour market strategy. These include: Increasing the Participation of Women in Aviation and Aerospace, Outreach Activities and Networks across Canada, Succession Planning, Mentoring, and Increasing the Participation of Indigenous People in Aviation and Aerospace. These workshops will be led by subject matter experts and provide you with materials that you can start using right away.