Aerospace Industries Association of Canada
Watch the short video
About the initiative
The Aerospace Industries Association of Canada is pleased to launch a series of nationwide consultations to determine a long-term vision, strategy and plan for a collaborative aerospace innovation network in Canada.
READ THE NEWS RELEASE
DOWNLOAD THE FACT SHEET
THERE’S STILL TIME TO HAVE YOUR SAY
Have your say and help shape the future of Canadian aerospace innovation!
Join us, as we develop a plan for a Pan-Canadian innovation network that will be responsive to the opportunities and needs of each region. With a plan and model in place, the industry will be well-positioned to strategically leverage investments, as is being done in other jurisdictions including France, the United Kingdom and Israel.
Who Can Be Involved
AIAC is hosting consultations open to all those with a stake in the future of the industry – AIAC members and beyond.
Our Steering Committee and Working Groups for Consultation 2022 are industry-led, with some of the top industry leaders playing leadership roles.
Shape the Future of Aerospace Innovation in Canada
Join our consultations and provide your input and feedback on these important questions:
• What are the main barriers you face today related to innovation and competitiveness?
• What opportunities would a cohesive, integrated aerospace ecosystem unlock — for recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and growth beyond?
• Where are the biggest gaps right now when it comes to aerospace innovation in Canada?
• What are the biggest strengths to be leveraged? Where are the greatest opportunities?
• From your perspective, what would be the single most powerful enabler of the sector’s transformation?
This is YOUR plan
We need your input as we define the next 50 years of Canadian aerospace innovation.
Consultation Sessions (Completed)
Consultation sessions were held in April.
Peter Hall, Chief Economist, Econosphere Inc. and former Chief Economist at Export Development Canada, moderated the conversations.
Download a Fact Sheet
April 13: 10 am – 12:30 pm EDT
Small & Medium Enterprises
April 13: 2 pm – 4:30 pm EDT
April 14: 10 am – 12:30 pm EDT
British Columbia & Alberta
April 14: 2 pm – 4:30 pm EDT
April 26: 10 am – 12:30 pm EDT
April 27: 10 am – 12:30 pm EDT
Join a Working Group (Completed)
There are opportunities for industry members to participate in working groups around the following topics:
• Network Strategy & Governance
• Business Model & Sustainability
• Intellectual Property Policies
Please contact us for more information!
We have a generational opportunity to develop a plan to strategically leverage investments across the sector.
Let’s shape a long-term vision & plan for a collaborative aerospace innovation network in Canada.
Following nine nationwide consultations, our Working Groups created a report and recommendations centered around the themes of Business Model and Sustainability, Network and Governance, and IP Policies.
They included input and feedback on these important questions:
- What are the main barriers you face today related to innovation and competitiveness?
- What opportunities would a cohesive, integrated aerospace ecosystem unlock — for recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and growth beyond?
- Where are the biggest gaps right now when it comes to aerospace innovation in Canada?
- What are the biggest strengths to be leveraged? Where are the greatest opportunities?
- From your perspective, what would be the single most powerful enabler of the sector’s transformation?
For More Information
Want to stay connected and receive the latest updates?
For 60 years, the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada has worked with its members to develop what is today the ninth-largest national aerospace industry in the world. By collaborating with industry and with government to develop products, services, programs and policies that enhance Canadian aerospace companies, AIAC helps the industry to invest, innovate, and develop best-in-class capabilities in the civil, defence and space sectors. Learn more about us here.