The Civil Aviation Committee deals with all technical policies related to the design, development, production and in service support of Canadian civil aeronautical products and services. Domestic and international aviation safety, security and environmental regulatory environments are the focal points of this work.
The committee provides advice to AIAC on its interface with Transport Canada, Civil Aviation (TCCA) and its international counterparts (FAA, EASA, ICAO), national and international standards setting organizations, and works closely with the AIAC’s international counterparts (AIA, GAMA, ASD, ICCAIA) in the development of global consensus on regulatory issues and standards.
Safety Management Systems – Industry Standard
In September 2018, a new international industry standard to improve safety performance and enhance safety culture was released by AIAC and its international partners.
Recent News & Updates
- AIAC Committee Update – October 2018 October 3, 2018
- Aerospace associations announce Safety Management System (SMS) Industry Standard October 3, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – September 2018 September 5, 2018
- AIAC congratulates CAE on $1B innovation investment August 8, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – August 2018 August 1, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – July 2018 June 29, 2018
- 2018 State of Canada’s Aerospace Industry Report: Aerospace remains national innovation leader June 21, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – June 2018 June 5, 2018
- AIAC Statement: Canada and Japan sign Technical Arrangement for Maintenance December 6, 2017
- Transport Canada Recruitment Campaign for Engineering Personnel August 30, 2017