The Civil Aviation Committee deals with all technical policies related to the design, development, production and in service support of Canadian civil aeronautical products and services. Domestic and international aviation safety, security and environmental regulatory environments are the focal points of this work.
The committee provides advice to AIAC on its interface with Transport Canada, Civil Aviation (TCCA) and its international counterparts (FAA, EASA, ICAO), national and international standards setting organizations, and works closely with the AIAC’s international counterparts (AIA, GAMA, ASD, ICCAIA) in the development of global consensus on regulatory issues and standards.
Safety Management Systems – Industry Standard
In September 2018, a new international industry standard to improve safety performance and enhance safety culture was released by AIAC and its international partners.
Recent News & Updates
- AIAC Welcomes New Canadian-Based Global Aircraft Assembly Centre December 4, 2019
- Canada’s Aerospace Industry Hosts Successful Toronto Election Town Hall October 3, 2019
- Canada’s Aerospace Industry Hosts Successful Election Town Hall in Vancouver October 1, 2019
- Canada’s Aerospace Industry Hosts Successful Election Town Hall September 26, 2019
- Canada’s Aerospace Industry Charts a New Course for the Future June 17, 2019
- Jean Charest hosts AIAC’s Vision 2025 Aerospace Engagement Day in Halifax February 13, 2019
- Jean Charest hosts AIAC’s Vision 2025 Aerospace Engagement Day in Vancouver January 28, 2019
- Jean Charest hosts AIAC’s Vision 2025 Aerospace Engagement Day in Winnipeg January 22, 2019
- AIAC Committee Update – December 2018 December 17, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – October 2018 October 3, 2018