August 2018 changes to senior government officialsSeptember 6, 2018
August saw a number of changes in both the political and bureaucratic senior ranks of the government. The Prime Minister’s Office released the mandate letters for the new ministerial appointments announced in July, and announced a shuffle in the Cabinet Committees. The changes most relevant to the AIAC membership are listed below.
AIAC has already begun to adjust our advocacy to reflect these changes, and has reached out to many of the newly-appointed Parliamentary Secretaries. If you have any questions on the recent changes, please do not hesitate to be in touch with Darya Dolzikova, Manager of Government Relations and Policy Development.
- Janet King becomes the Associate Deputy Minister of Public Services and Procurement.
- Omar Alghabra becomes the Parliamentary Secretary for International Trade Diversification.
- Terry Beech becomes the Parliamentary Secretary for Transport.
- Serge Cormier becomes the Parliamentary Secretary for National Defence.
- Richard Hébert becomes the Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Export Promotion.
- New mandate letter for the Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion.
- New mandate letter for the Minister of International Trade Diversification.