Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA)
Manager, Communications and Membership
Tel: (902) 425-0070, ext. 2
President and CEO
Tel: (902) 425-0070
1801 Hollis Street, Suite 230
Halifax, NS, B3J 3N4
The Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA) is a non-profit member-focused industry organization representing over 180 plus aerospace (commercial and non-commercial), defence, security and marine firms. Its Mission is to advance the growth and development of the sectors by providing unified leadership, advocacy and valuable member services. With representatives in each Atlantic Province, ACADA is able to deliver programming locally with a focus on the SME.
ACADA’s activities are made possible in part by support from the Government of Canada, through ACOA.
The Region is home to a globally-recognized aerospace, defence, and security cluster of profitable, export-oriented manufacturing and service companies that contribute to the regional economy by focusing on high quality jobs.
ACADA represents a new model of sector co-operation to facilitate strategic industry development and heighten the Atlantic Canadian brand and capabilities locally, domestically and internationally.
ACADA facilitates industry-focused activities and programming in six (6) key areas:
- Advocacy – to ensure the voice of members remains prevalent at all levels of government with respect to industry challenges and decisions concerning public policies, programs and initiatives.
- Marketing/Promotion – to heighten the awareness and profile of the Atlantic Canadian industry and resident capabilities, both domestically and globally.
- Business Development/Supply Chain Engagement – to improve market access and growth in defence and commercial supply chains through initiatives such as international trade mission, key domestic events, defence procurement industry days/tours, B2B meeting programs, etc.
- Member Development – to address sectorspecific, geographically-sensitive needs and enhance the skills and competitiveness of industry members through initiatives such as information sessions, training/professional development, certification support, market research/information sharing, etc.
- Innovation & Commercialization – to lead initiatives to enhance innovation and commercialization capacity in the region by facilitating R&D investments, academiaindustry partnerships, commercialization of start-ups, etc.
- Workforce Development & Career Promotion – to improve access to a trained workforce by shaping the content of Post-Secondary training, influencing immigration policy, promoting industry career choices among high school students, as well as shaping high school curriculum to prepare students for entrance into Post-Secondary educational programs.
ACADA, with 4 corporate staff based in Halifax assists the Provincial Directors situated in Charlottetown, Fredericton, Halifax and St. John’s.