As part of its mandate to help our members increase their competitiveness domestically and internationally, AIAC participates in and coordinates the Canadian industry presence at a number of key international air shows and trade missions each year. AIAC International Exhibitions Committee (IEC) is our primary platform for ensuring that Canadian aerospace capabilities are showcased on the world stage. The IEC, which meets three times per year, provides AIAC member companies an opportunity to set the strategic direction on where, when and how the Canadian aerospace industry exhibits its aerospace products and services. We have delivered on an ambitious agenda which has resulted in AIAC members being able to leverage the Farnborough, Paris, Dubai and Singapore Air Show platforms as part of their overall business development and marketing efforts.
AIAC works closely with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), both at its headquarters at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) and with the many Trade Commissioners who represent Canada around the world. The TCS is a vital component of all of AIAC’s business development efforts, helping us to coordinate trade missions, facilitate business connections, and promote Canadian aerospace events, such as the Canadian Aerospace Summit, to an international audience. AIAC also hosts a Trade Commissioner who is permanently embedded at AIAC’s Ottawa office in an initiative designed to provide greater access for industry members to the services provided by the TCS.
The Association has also signed MOUs with several industry associations in key markets around the world, including:
- Centro para a Competitividade e Inovação do Cone Leste Paulista (CECOMPI; Brazil)
- Federación Mexicana de la Industria Aeroespacial, A.C. (FEMIA; Mexico)
- Association of Aerospace Industries (AAIS; Singapore)
- Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies and Industries (SIATI; India)
In addition, AIAC works closely with the American and European industry associations as Vice Chair of the International Coordinating Council of Aerospace Industries Associations (ICCAIA).
Recent News & Updates
- International Trade Minister introduces legislation in Parliament to implement Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement November 4, 2016
- Aerospace Leads Canadian Manufacturers in Innovation, Exports June 30, 2016