Head of Region Canada
Tel: (215) 501-0643
700 Palladium Drive
Kanata, ON, K2V 1O6
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key actors in aerospace, defence and security, through the design and development of products, services and integrated solutions for governments, armed forces, institutions and citizens, covering air and land, naval and maritime, space and cyberspace. Leonardo’s unique offer is based on highly flexible turnkey solutions that can meet even the most complex requirements, while handling all management phases of critical events and scenarios.
On 1 January 2016, the former financial holding company called Finmeccanica S.p.A, through a company reorganization, absorbed the activities of various subsidiaries such as AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, Selex ES, OTO Melara and WASS. Leonardo also maintains Parent Company and Corporate Centre functions for DRS Technoilogies, MBDA, Telespazio, Thales Alenia Space and ATR.
Leonardo operates through seven divisions:
• Helicopters: design, development, production, testing, marketing and maintenance of a complete range of helicopters.
The Helicopter Division is one of the most technologically advanced and competitive players in the global market, able to satisfy the most challenging requirements of government and commercial clients. The Division has developed autonomous capacity in defining and integrating all onboard systems (dynamic components, airborne systems, flight control and mission management systems).
• Aircraft: from the latest generation platforms to the world’s most advanced pilot training solutions and unmanned systems, the Aircraft Division provides the means as well as operational and logistic support to the Armed Forces in the most complex scenarios and in every type of mission: tactical transport, defence and air superiority, surveillance and patrolling, pilot training and air transport.
• Aerostructures: the Division is a partner of major civil aircraft programmes in Europe and in North America. From the Boeing 787 made from composite materials, to the Airbus A380, and finally regional turboprop ATR, a world leader in its sector, the Division brings the ability to design, build, test and integrate structures and components to support any programme. The processing of large structural components in composite materials, represent a particular advanced capability of the Division.
• Airborne & Space Systems: the Division’s objective is to ensure the fulfilment of surveillance, defence, and space mission with the maximum of safety and efficacy. Sophisticated equipment and high-tech complex systems provide a wide range of integrated solutions for combat aircraft, trainers, surveillance planes, helicopters, UAVs, satellites and space probes.
• Land & Naval Defence Electronics: the objective of the Division is to ensure land and naval forces access to quality and speed of information situational awareness, command and control capabilities, management of weapons systems and communication network. The Division devotes high-tech systems – flexible, modular and scalable –for every operational requirement, either on board platforms (ships or vehicles), or with fixed installations for land and coastal surveillance.
• Defence Systems: the Division’s mission is to respond effectively to the needs of new operational scenarios – air, land, naval and underwater – for defence against conventional and asymmetric threats. Leveraging dual application of the technologies developed in this area, the Division also designs solutions dedicated to marine and underwater environmental protection.
• Security & Information Systems: the Division is a world leader in safety-through-technology, providing tailored solutions for customers in public administration, public safety and security, critical infrastructure, services, transport, large companies, post and logistics.
Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has about 47,000 employees . With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 218 sites worldwide. Moreover, it has established an important network of partnerships in high potential markets worldwide, in which it is a reference partner for structured industrial collaborations.