Focus on innovation draws over 1000 participants at 2017 Canadian Aerospace SummitNovember 9, 2017
Ottawa (Ontario) – The 2017 Canadian Aerospace Summit featured a world class line-up of industry leaders, federal cabinet ministers, and business experts in a program filled with a multitude of super sessions and panels, attracting over 1000 exhibitors and participants during its two-day conference, B2B and trade show. The Canadian Aerospace Summit is hosted by the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC).
“Year after year, the Canadian Aerospace Summit continues to be a unique event that brings together prominent political figures and industry leaders, from global aerospace manufacturers to innovative SMEs,” said Jim Quick, President & CEO of AIAC. “This is where important business and policy dialogues are held, helping to drive the industry’s growth and prosperity. This year more than ever, the Summit was the place to be for any company wanting to succeed in the global aerospace industry.”
Key highlights from the 2017 Canadian Aerospace Summit included:
- Speeches by Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development; Hon. Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Public Services and Procurement; and a panel of Parliamentary Secretaries
- Presentations from senior executives from Airbus, Boeing, Bell Helicopter, CAE, GE Aviation, Lockheed Martin Canada, Rockwell Collins, Saab, ViaSat, Viking Air Limited, as well business experts and small business executives
- Presentation of the James C. Floyd Award for aerospace achievement to the Pratt & Whitney Operations Team, led by Benoit Beaudoin
- A Trade Show and B2B program featuring aerospace manufacturers and innovators from across Canada and around the world
- The Annual Aerospace Dinner, attended by nearly 400 participants
“I would like to thank our speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees for joining AIAC in making the 2017 Canadian Aerospace Summit such a success,” said Mr. Quick. “Their contribution and commitment is the reason that the Summit is the best forum in the world for uniting Canadian and international aerospace insight and expertise, and we look forward to continuing to grow this event in the years to come.”
The 2018 Canadian Aerospace Summit will take place on November 13-14 at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Canada.
AIAC is the national association representing Canada’s aerospace manufacturing and services sector. As the world’s fifth-largest aerospace industry, Canada’s aerospace sector contributes nearly $28B to the economy in GDP, exports 80% of its output, and dedicates over 20% of its activity to research and development (R&D). Aerospace is responsible for the employment of 208,000 Canadians.
Senior Director, Communications and Marketing
Aerospace Industries Association of Canada
613 232-4297 x225