Avcorp Industries Inc.
Mark van Rooij
President and CEO
Tel: (604) 587-4888
Fax: (604) 582-2620
President, Comtek Advanced Structures Ltd.
Avcorp is a Canadian public company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: AVP) and one of North America’s primary suppliers of system integrated metallic, composite and hybrid structural components and assemblies. Avcorp has over 55 years of experience producing major structures for OEMs and other Tier 1s suppliers.
Avcorp has been recognized for performance excellence in quality, delivery and supplier relationship management by leading airframe builders including BAE Systems, Boeing and Bombardier. With over 350 skilled aerospace technicians and over 120 engineering and support staff, Avcorp and Comtek Advanced Structures (a subsidiary of Avcorp) offer vertically-integrated capabilities.
Dedicated Program Management teams oversee internal capabilities and a broad-based supply chain to provide integrated solutions. Through a robust quality management system, Avcorp ensures compliance with regulatory and special process requirements. This value stream approach ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded, allowing our customers to focus on their core business.
Avcorp, along with its subsidiary, Comtek Advanced Structures, researches and develops new processes and technologies. A resin infusion technology (VARTM) called Smart Flow and Smart Cure is a new technology that has been certified on the Airbus A380. Avcorp has also developed and implemented a pulse-line assembly system utilizing a visual production process that pulses (moves) at a determined rate to significantly reduce assembly labour hours while improving quality performance.
Avcorp Industries Inc. and Comtek Advanced Structures focus on structural wing and empennage components (including fully integrated vertical and horizontal stabilizers, cargo liners, floor panels, engine nacelles and evacuation systems). Below are examples of our product experience:
- Boeing 737NG Wheel-well Fairings, Wing Tip Panels
- Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightening II Outboard Wing (Customer is BAE Systems)
- Bombardier CRJ200/700, CL604, CL605, CL850, Dash 8 Series 100 and 300 Horizontal Stabilizers
- Bombardier CRJ700 Vertical Stabilizers
- Boeing CH47 Chinook Nose Enclosure
- Boeing Attendant Partition Panels, Benchtop Assemblies, and Sheet Metal and Machined Details
- Boeing KC135 Ruddevator
- Bombardier Q-Series, CRJ700/900/1000, and Learjet 85 Floor Panels
- Boeing 767 Strut Panels
- Boeing/APB 757 Winglet Adapter Assembly
- Fully-certified OEM and Aftermarket Floor Panels for CRJ series, DHC-8 Q series, ATR 42/72, ERJ 135/145 Dornier 328 and Saab 340 Aircraft
- Honda Aircraft HA-420 Wing (Lower Bonded Skin Assembly, Preliminary Details and Structural Assembly Manufacturing, Prototype Manufacturing, Testing, and Certification Support)
- Airbus 380 Evacuation Slide Composite Housings and Aspirators
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Long-Term Production Contract (Engine Components)
AS9100 Rev C / ISO 9001:2008
NADCAP Special Processes:
- Chemical Processing
- Heat Treating
- Surface Enhancement
- Nondestructive Testing
EASA.145.7079 RepairCustomer Proprietary ProcessesCanadian Controlled Goods / ITAR Compliance
- CAR561 Manufacture and Certification of Aeronautical Products
- CAR573 Maintenance 70-94
- CAR 521 Designated Airworthiness Organization (DAO)
- CAR/FAA/EASA Reciprocity Agreements
- Engineering Design and Certification
- Airworthiness Certification
- Tool Design/Build
- Product Prototyping, Engineering and Manufacturing Capabilities
- Major Structural Assembly
- System Installation and Testing
- Vaccum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding (VARTM)
- Resin Transfer Molding (RTM)
- Hybrid Fibre-metal Laminates
- Metal Bond
- Sheet Metal Details and Subassemblies
- 3-4-5-axis Machining
- Robotic Drilling, Trimming and Stack Drilling
- Maintenance/Repair of Composite Products
Senior VP, Business Development
Avcorp Industries Inc.
10025 River Way
Delta, BC V4G 1M7
Tel: (604) 512-0076
Business Development Manager
Comtek Advanced Structures Ltd.
1360 Artisans Court
Burlington, ON L7L 5Y2
Tel: (905) 331-8121, ext. 245