The defence industry is undergoing a period of significant transition. Many government defence budgets are shrinking, and the technologies and requirements for military equipment have evolved alongside changes to the nature of modern warfare and national security. In Canada, industry and government have been working closely together to develop a revitalized approach to national defence procurement that results in securing the right equipment for the military’s needs, improving the procurement process to become more transparent and accountable, and increasing the benefits that Canadian defence spending provides to the national industry.
These efforts have been well received within the industry, but significant work remains. AIAC is committed to working with the government to ensure that public procurement policy and decisions continue to support the capacity and capability of our defence sector and our members. AIAC is particularly focussed on working with the government to facilitate industry engagement in the procurement planning process, to increase the value of this engagement both to government and to industry.
Recent News & Updates
- AIAC Statement: Hon. Judy Foote Steps Down as Procurement Minister August 24, 2017
- New defence policy supports Canadian aerospace innovation, industrial capability June 7, 2017
- [Industry News] Mannarino Awarded Largest Ever Canadian SME Offset Investment by Lockheed Martin April 18, 2017
- John Maris named Defence Executive of the Year by Canadian Defence Review March 3, 2017
- Statement: Fixed Wing Search and Rescue to Drive Canadian Aerospace Industry Growth December 20, 2016
- Statement in response to selection of Airbus C295W for Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue Program December 8, 2016
- Statement in response to the federal government’s announcement regarding military fighter jet procurement November 22, 2016
- Procurement Cost & Profit Policy: Report and PSPC response now available October 6, 2016
- Aerospace Leads Canadian Manufacturers in Innovation, Exports June 30, 2016