The Civil Aviation Committee deals with all technical policies related to the design, development, production and in service support of Canadian civil aeronautical products and services. Domestic and international aviation safety, security and environmental regulatory environments are the focal points of this work.
The committee provides advice to AIAC on its interface with Transport Canada, Civil Aviation (TCCA) and its international counterparts (FAA, EASA, ICAO), national and international standards setting organizations, and works closely with the AIAC’s international counterparts (AIA, GAMA, ASD, ICCAIA) in the development of global consensus on regulatory issues and standards.
Recent News & Updates
- 2018 State of Canada’s Aerospace Industry Report: Aerospace remains national innovation leader June 21, 2018
- AIAC Committee Update – June 2018 June 5, 2018
- AIAC Statement: Canada and Japan sign Technical Arrangement for Maintenance December 6, 2017
- Transport Canada Recruitment Campaign for Engineering Personnel August 30, 2017
- Wings Magazine Top 20 under 40 Nomination April 4, 2017
- Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute Announces 2017 Senior Award Honourees April 3, 2017
- AIAC applauds federal budget measures to support innovation and advanced manufacturing March 22, 2017
- AIAC congratulates Bombardier on receiving Aviation Week’s Civil Aviation Laureate Award March 3, 2017
- AIAC congratulates Bell Helicopter on the unveiling of new helicopter February 9, 2017
- AIAC statement in response to federal government R&D support for Bombardier February 7, 2017