[Industry Job Posting] Lead Specialist Engineer, Mechanical SystemsMarch 29, 2017
The Lead Specialist Engineer – Mechanical Systems is responsible for the technical development, support, modifications and repairs of Cascade Aerospace approved products and services, with a focus on aircraft fuel systems. This includes other duties related to Transport Canada Delegation of responsibility and general office and business duties.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- This position is for an Aircraft Mechanical Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME). Mechanical Systems are but not limited to fuel systems, environment control systems, hydraulic systems, flight control systems, etc. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all engineering efforts related to the aircraft systems
- Technical management of design requirements
- Technical oversight of design engineers and subcontractors
- Technical risk assessments as they relate to the aircraft systems
- Technical oversight of the integration of the fuel system into the airframe. Requires Aircraft fuel\fuel quantity measurement\mechanical-electrical systems experience.
- Main technical interface with structural & mechanical engineers\ electrical engineers \ subcontractors engineers \ and customer engineers for fuel systems.
- Responsible for coordinating all system interfaces.
- Responsible for coordinating and running all engineering reviews related to fuel systems
- Responsible for release of system schematics and electrical schematics – whether they are produced internally or produced by subcontractors.
- Responsible to coordinate with the certification engineers and produce reports\drawings\test data\etc to support certification
- Responsible to generate system operating instructions including normal, abnormal, and emergency procedures.
- Responsible to generate and work to fixed budgets and schedules
- Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values.
- Work in accordance with the Design Approval Procedures Manual & Engineering Procedures Manual (EPM).
- Develop engineering data packages in support of airworthiness certification and other department purposes.
- Apply principles of project management in performing engineering activities.
- Participate in the administrative activities of the engineering department.
- Be familiar with and ensure that all workplace conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resources safety and security policies and procedures.
- Be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in BC.
- Knowledge of FAR Part 25 regulations specifically pertaining to fuel systems, design.
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Motivated problem solver and troubleshooter
- Versed in technical writing and presentations
- Proficient in PC use including Microsoft Office Products
- Basic knowledge of System Analysis Tools: Matlab, Excel
- Basic Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD modeling programs: SolidWorks /AutoCad
- Ability to work effectively with design teams
- Leadership, mentoring and organizational management in advanced technology
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering Masters Degree and 12 year(s) related experience; or
Engineering Bachelor’s Degree and 15 year(s) related experience
- Direct and recent experience in fuel systems design, analysis, integration & calibration, testing and certification for FAR 25 aircraft.
- Experience in aircraft flight control systems, environment control system, hydraulic systems, and other aircraft systems is an asset.
- Candidate as a Transport Canada Delegate Engineer under AWM505 is an asset