UPDATED: Deadline extended to February 3 2017 – Canada Summer Jobs ProgramDecember 16, 2016
Update – Jan 25, 2017 – The application deadline for the Canada Summer Jobs Program has been extended to February 3, 2017!
Hire students this summer for your small business. Small businesses can get up to 50% of the minimum hourly wage.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year. The application deadline is February 3, 2017.
By way of five national priorities, CSJ also supports the following:
- opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information, Communications and Technology (ICT);
- employers involved in the welcome and settlement of immigrants (including Syrian refugees) in Canada;
- employers that hire Indigenous peoples;
- employers involved in activities celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation; and
- small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of new jobs.