2016 Canadian Aerospace Summit concludes; attracts largest audience everNovember 17, 2016
Ottawa (Ontario), November 17, 2016 – The 2016 Canadian Aerospace Summit attracted over 1100 exhibitors and participants – a new record – during its two-day conference, B2B and trade show on November 15-16. The Summit brings together industry executives and government decision makers for two days of meetings, networking, and high-level presentations on aerospace growth and competitiveness. The Canadian Aerospace Summit is hosted by the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC).
“The Canadian Aerospace Summit continues to be our industry’s premiere annual event for anyone interested in working with Canadian aerospace companies domestically and in the global marketplace,” said Jim Quick, President & CEO of AIAC. “Canadian aerospace companies have a critical role to play in driving economic growth, innovation, and prosperity for our nation. The Summit highlights those achievements and positions both industry and government to continue working together to support an innovative and globally competitive industry.”
Key highlights from the 2016 Canadian Aerospace Summit included:
- Speeches by Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Hon. Judy Foote, Minister of Public Services and Procurement
- Presentations and panels featuring Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Lockheed Martin Corporation; Phil Jasper, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Rockwell Collins Government Systems; Vice Admiral William Landay, (USN.Ret.) Senior Advisor, Avascent Global Advisors; Shelley Lavender, President, Boeing Military Aircraft; Mitch Snyder, President, Bell Helicopter; and more
- The Annual Aerospace Dinner, with a keynote address from Bombardier President & CEO Alain Bellemare
- Presentation of the James C. Floyd Award for aerospace achievement to Rob Dewar and Bombardier’s CSeries Aircraft Program Team
- A Trade Show and B2B program featuring aerospace manufacturers and innovators from across Canada and around the world
“I would like to thank our speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees for joining AIAC in making the 2016 Canadian Aerospace Summit such a success,” said Mr. Quick. “Their contribution and commitment is the reason that the Summit is the best forum in the world for uniting Canadian and international aerospace insight and expertise, and we look forward to continuing to grow this event in the years to come.”
The 2017 Canadian Aerospace Summit will take place on November 7-8 in Ottawa, Canada.
AIAC is the national association representing Canada’s aerospace manufacturing and services sector. As the world’s fifth-largest aerospace industry, Canada’s aerospace sector contributes over $28B to the economy in GDP, exports 80% of its output, and dedicates over 20% of its activity to research and development (R&D). Aerospace is responsible for the employment of 211,000 Canadians.
Director of Communications
Aerospace Industries Association of Canada
613 232-4297 x225